Rapiro is a cute, affordable, and easy to assemble humanoid robot kit. Rapiro comes with an Arduino compatible controller board, and you can reprogram Rapiro with Arduino IDE easily. One of the coolest feature is that you can extend Rapiro‘s functionality by connecting other components to enhance Rapiro’s capabilities.
“Its limitless possibilities all depend on you.”
This time, I will show you how to control Rapiro with IOS devices through BLE connection. I will divide this tutorial in two parts.
First will show you how to connect Rapiro to RedBearLab’s BLE Nano Board, and run a simple test code to confirm the connection.
Then in the second part of tutorial, I will show you how to connect and turn your IOS devices into a remote control and to control Rapiro‘s action.
- RedBearLab BLE Nano & MK20 USB Board (only need BLE Nano, but need USB Board to program the chip)
- Four Female/Male Jumper Wires
- IOS device
- Arduino IDE 1.5.7 or later
- Xcode (for IOS Development, and you must be a registered IOS Developer in order to run the program on your IOS device)
- RedBearLab nRF51822-Arduino (Add support to your Arduino IDE for compiling nRF51822 firnware